Information under Italian Decree law 196/2003, art. 13
In compliance with Italian Decree Law n. 196 of 30th June 2003 (“Regulations with regard to the Protection of Personal Data”) which protects natural and legal persons with regard to the processing of personal data, please note that Interlanguage s.r.l. holds your personal data, acquired directly, through third parties, or because you have filled in the information request forms available on our Internet site interlanguage.it.
Interlanguage s.r.l. with registered office at Strada Scaglia Est 134, Modena, Italy assumes the status of data controller and processor under art. 28 and 29 of the aforesaid law.
In accordance with the aforesaid law, your data will be processed in a correct, ethical and transparent manner, safeguarding your privacy and your rights. The following information is provided in compliance with art. 13 of Italian Decree Law n. 196/2003:
Purposes for which the Data are Processed
The data you have supplied will be processed for the following purposes:
- fulfilment of obligations under national and Community fiscal or accounting legislation and regulations;
- fulfilment of contractual requirements and the consequent legal and contractual obligations;
- sending of commercial information concerning our services, operating information, promotional mail shots and the provision of price lists and conditions of sale. Apart from notification and disclosure of the data in fulfilment with legal obligations, your data shall not be disclosed to any other companies for promotional purposes.
For the purposes stated above, your personal data are processed by means of filing on paper, IT or electronic media in compliance with the relevant regulations, and in all cases in such a manner as to guarantee the security and confidentiality of the data.
Your data will be kept constantly up to date, and will be conserved for the time necessary for the purposes for which they were collected and further processed.
Duration of the Processing
The provision of data is optional for purposes 1) and 2) and obligatory for the purposes described in point 3). Any refusal to supply or allow the processing of these data will cause the deletion of your data from our commercial databases used for the dispatch of promotional mail-shots or price lists, but the data will still be processed for compliance with legal obligations and for the performance of contractual obligations undertaken previously.
If the processing of your data is terminated because this is no longer necessary or consent is refused, the data will be destroyed or conserved solely for personal purposes and not used for systematic communications or general disclosure, as envisaged by art. 16 point c).
Rights under art. 7 of the Data Protection Regulations
You may exercise your rights in relation to the data controller, in accordance with article 7 of law n. 196/2003, at any time. For your convenience, the text of art. 7 is as follows:
Decree Law n. 196/2003 , Art. 7 – Right of Access to Personal Data and Other Rights
- The data subject is entitled to obtain confirmation as to whether or not data relating to him are held, even if they have not yet been recorded, and the communication of the same in an intelligible form.
- The data subject is entitled to obtain the following information:
- the origin of the personal data;
- the purposes of the processing and the methods used;
- the logic applied if the data are processed electronically;
- the identity of the controller, the processors and the designated representative under article 5, point 2;
- the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data may be disclosed or who may acquire the same as designated national representative, processors or managers.
- The data subject is entitled to obtain:
- the updating, rectification or, if this is in his interest, the supplementation of the data;
- the erasure, conversion into anonymous form or freezing of all data used in breach of the law, including those the conservation of which is not necessary for the purposes for which the data were collected or subsequently used;
- the certification that the operations referred to in points a) and b) have been reported, also with regard to their contents, to those to whom the data have been communicated or distributed, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort.
- The data subject is entitled to object, in whole or in part:
- on legitimate grounds, to the processing of data relating to him, even if such use is relevant to the purpose for which they were collected;
- to the processing of personal data relating to him for the dispatch of advertising material or direct marketing, or for market research or commercial communications.
Italian Decree Law n. 196/2003, Art. 24
Circumstances in which data may be processed without consent
- Consent is not required, except in the circumstances envisaged in Part II, when the data processing:
- is necessary for compliance with an obligation under the law, regulations or Community directives;
- is necessary for performance of obligations deriving from a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract;
- relates to data obtained from public registers, lists, acts or documents accessible to all, provided the restrictions and procedures established by law, regulations or Community directives concerning access to and publication of the data are complied with;
- relates to data concerning business activities, processed in compliance with the relevant regulations with regard to corporate and industrial confidentiality;
- is necessary in order to protect the life or physical safety of a third party. If the purposes relate to the data subject himself and the latter is physically or legally incapable of giving his consent, the consent shall be given by his legal guardian, a spouse, a family member, a cohabiting partner or, failing this, by the person in charge of the institute where the data subject resides. The terms of article 82, point 2, shall apply;
- with the exception of disclosure, when the data processing is necessary for the performance of the defensive investigations referred to by law n. 397 of 7th December 2000, or in any circumstances where a right is asserted or defended before the law courts, provided the data are processed solely for these purposes and for the time strictly necessary for the pursuance of the same, in compliance with the relevant legislation with regard to corporate and industrial confidentiality;
- with the exception of disclosure, when the data processing is necessary, in the circumstances specified by the Commissioner on the basis of the legally approved principles, for the pursuance of a legitimate interest of the controller or a third party which is to receive the data, also with regard to the operation of banking groups and subsidiary or associate companies, provided the fundamental rights and freedoms, dignity or legitimate interest of the data subject do not prevail;
- with the exception of external communication and disclosure, when the data processing is performed by registered and unregistered not-for-profit associations, bodies or organisations, with regard to members or people in regular contact with them, for the pursuance of specific, legitimate purposes defined by the deed of foundation, charter or collective contract, by specifically defined methods of use and with the relative intention notified to the data subjects on provision of the information required under article 13;
- the data processing is necessary, in compliance with the relevant ethical codes referred to in annex A), for purely scientific or statistical purposes, or for purely historic purposes in private archives declared to be of significant historic interest under article 6, subsection 2 of legislative decree n. 490 of 29th October 1999 which approves the consolidation law with regard to the cultural and environmental heritage or, in compliance with the aforesaid ethical codes, in other private archives.